måndag 16 februari 2015

:: Tutorial Box Folding ::

There are many good tools if you want to make boxes. For example them from We R Memory Keepers called Punch Boards. But sometimes when I want a box in a very specific measure I like to use Marta Stewart Crafts Scoring Boards. For the box I´m showing today I used the Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board. Decide hos large the base of your box should be and how high your walls need to be. Cut a paper where you have added all your measurements. Score around your base or bottom.

Cut as my image shows in your scored folds. Use a Bone Folder when you fold up all the edges.

I like to use doublesided tape when I make boxes. It attaches immideately and don´t wrinkle the paper.

Make the lid the same way taht you did the box. You need to add about 4 millimeter and make the edges a bit lower. I usually make my edges 1,5 centimeters.

My Scoring Board is in inches so if I need to measure in exact centimeters I only use a ruler. I put the ruler at the vertical end of my paper. Then I fit the paper so I score at the right spot.


Now my box is finnished and the lid fits perfectly! It´s also room for paper that I want to embellish my box with.

Measue all edges on the box and cut out the patterned paper. Attatch with doublesided tape. If you want nice and neat corners dress the long sides of the box first as my photo shows. Then you cut the paper for the short sides and attach them a little bit overlapping.

Now we have a box with a nice outside but I always embellish the inside of the box also. You get a steady box and you can also hide small flaws from the folding. And of course it looks very nice!

I measure and score to get nice corners for the inside of the box. I also use the same technique with the overlapping pieces as I did with the outside of the box.

Alrighty! Now we have a handmade box.Very easy and very personal.


List of supplies
Martha Stewart Crafts Mini Scoring Board 42-05013
Martha Stewart Crafts Paper Trimmer M281055
Scrapbook Adhesives EZ Runner Perm 01644-6
Bazzil Classic White T10-1005
Bazzil Classic Kraft T9-960
My Minds Eye Record It Follow Your Heart 6x6 paper Pad REC111
Martha Stewart Crafts Pink Bone Folder 42-05001

Inga kommentarer: