tisdag 18 oktober 2016

:: Tutorial - Shaker Card with foam ::

I like to do my Shaker Cards with large sheets of foam instead of 3d squares och 3d tape. You can find packages of this foam in Swedish called Dekorgummi or Mossgummi. I bought mine at Pyssloteket. If you do it "my" way you will have a firm flat and nice surface. 


Let´s get started!

1. Cut out your card base and the patterned paper you want for your front page. I like to do several at the time!

2. Cut out your foam in almost the same size as your patterned paper. 

3. Now you need to chose what background you want in your shaker box. I want this light blue paper with snowflakes from Echo Park. You also need to die-cut your window and a frame. The inside of your frame shall be the same die as your window. I have used Lawn Fawn Small and Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables for my window and frame. I ues my Sizzix Big Shot and I get nice sharp cuts with the foam.

4. It can be a good idea to make sure all pieces fit nicely. 


5. You also need some kind of see throw material. I use Copier Transparency Film. Cut it a bit larger than your window.

6. I use my ek tools powder tool to get rid of  the static. I´m not sure it´s the correct name ;)

7. Now it´s time to add the transparent sheet. If you´re going to add melted Embossing powder as I  did you need to do that first. Otherwise your sheet can be crocked. I use double sided tape as adhesive.

8. When you add the foam I use tape on the plastic and Tacky Glue for the foam and paper side.


9. I wanted some sentiments on the front of my card so I did this before adding the plastic sheet. First I use my ek tools powder again. And I really must say - How did I survive without this powder before?! It´s a huge difference when the tiny Embossing Powder grians only stuck where they shall! 

10. I used Winter Unicorn stamp.

11. I wanted a cute scene with the Unicorn at some snowy mountains. I used Lawn Fawn Winter Unicorn set and Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud Borders die. 

12. Last I used Tacky Glue to seal the whole thing. I added sequins from Prima and Jillibean Soup.
I will come back with better photos of the Shaker card and several more ideas of Shaker cards! 

1 kommentar:

Romy sa...

This is so super pretty! What a fabulous idea!