lördag 24 februari 2018

:: Tips and Tricks with Ulrika aka LillBlomman #7 ::

I really love to crate Shaker cards! They are fun and easy to create. There are different techniques how to create them and here is one of them. You find my list of supplies in my previous post.

For this card I use a piece from a 3 mm thick foam sheet. I like to use foam sheets because you get at sturdy and even background. 

You can use any shape for your windows. I use a stiched square from Lawn Fawn. Measure where you want your frames and windows. I drew lines on the inside of the frames. Then I die-cut a slightly bigger hole than the inside of the frame. You don´t want the foam too close to the frame edges.

After that you cut out the holes in the patterned paper you do the same with the foam. Draw inside of the windows.

This is how it should look.

This kind of thick foam don´t work in my Sizzix. I use a scalpel instead.

Now it´s time to add my plasic sheet. I use a OH sheet. I think a double-sided tape is the best choice when you mount the OH. You want to make sure that none of the glitter can escape.

On the other side you mount your frames. For those I use Tacky Glue. I want to be able to correct the frames in the exact right position. If you find that the edges aren´t perfectly tight to your patterned paper you can use the plastic thingie from the double-sided tape and add a tiny amount of glue and push it under the edges.

Time to choose images for the windows. I picked some darn cute monkeys from Lawn Fawn.

I also wanted some speech bubbles with sentiments on my card.

Now I add the foam on the back. For this step I also use Tacky Glue. I always use EK Success powder on both windows and papers. That provent static. It not so fun if all of your glitter or sequins are stuck on the OH. Add glitter and sequins in the windows and mount your front to your card base.  I decided to add patterned paper and only one of the monkeys inside of my windows. I fussy cutted the other two and mounted with 3d tape.


Inga kommentarer: